The lessons in this course teach the basics of paintless dent repair in order to set the foundation for all of the skills you will learn in the experienced PDR training course. This course contains seven lessons for a total course length: 6 hours 52 minutes
- Lesson 1: Introduction to PDR
- Lesson Length: 1 hour 1 minute
This lesson introduces the student to the process of paintless dent removal. We show you where and how to obtain practice panels for free, as well as how to properly set up your practice panel in order to begin your practice exercises. We show you what very few basic tools you need in order to begin the process as well as a the basics of the dent removal process. We show you in depth, the exercises involved in the process, from placing a dent into your practice panel, proper lighting and placement, how to access the dent, how to find the tip of your tool behind the panel, where in the dent to begin pushing, how to push, and how much pressure to use. These are the basic exercises involved in order to develop the hand eye coordination needed to set the foundation for the learning process.
- Lesson 2: Fundamentals of PDR
- Lesson Length: 1 hour 12 minutes
This lesson reinforces the basics learned in the introduction to pdr lesson and teaches you the fundamentals of the process of paintless dent removal. We teach you the theory behind paintless dent removal, what is actually happening when you are working a dent, different types of dents you may encounter and how to approach the removal of those different types of dents. We teach you about the importance of lighting, and proper placement of your lighting source. Then we teach you more exercises for you to practice in order to keep developing hand eye coordination which is very important to the process of paintless dent removal.
- Lesson 3: Tools and Equipment
- Lesson Length: 55 minutes
- Lesson 4: Access Points
- Lesson Length: 45 minutes
- Lesson 5: Glue Pulling Basics
- Lesson Length: 59 minutes
- Lesson 6: Tips and Tricks
- Lesson Length: 53 minutes
- Lesson 7: Retail Estimate Considerations
- Lesson Length: 1 hour 4 minutes
- Upon completion of this course the student will receive a (downloadable / printable) certificate of completion from PDR Training Online.